Donate for Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund
WHAT IS FIA?The Federation of Indo Americans of Northern California (FIA) is a Fremont based 501-C(3) umbrella organization (Profit Tax id #77-01-77823). The FIA is to provide a strong and effective voice for Americans of Indian origin in the cultural, social, political, academic and economic fields. It is an umbrella organization of over 50 Bay Area organizations representing over 100,000 Indian Americans. Over the last 22 years, The FIA has continued to work with its member organizations on various community base initiatives, and has emphasized that its members continue to remain engaged in every aspect of our community. The FIA has also proudly hosted the Annual Festival of India & Parade for the last twenty two (22) years. This event has continued to garner participants from all over Northern California, and has attracted luminaries and dignitaries from all over the world. The FIA Team continue to organize this Festival which is intended to give our communities an opportunity to work together and present this Festival year after year. Every year, the attendance has grown and has allowed our communities, to get a better understanding of the culture, the arts, the music and foods of the Indian American community and allow our communities to further strengthen our bonds with each other.
Every year, Festival of India keeps getting bigger and better. This year is our 22nd anniversary and we are promising you the best of the festivals and parades. ”San Francisco Global Movie Fest” an annual show case of movies world wide will be held in the San Francisco Bay Area. Movies from around the world have already started lining up to participate in this festival. Screening of selected movies and awards celebrations will be included in this years 22nd Festival of India and Parade 2014.Movie personalities from around the world are expected to participate in this year’s festival. The 2014 Festival of India and Parade will be much larger than previous events.
Every year, we showcase Indian culture and heritage through Mela (Fair), booths, dances and floats to mainstream Americans and the next generation. Hundreds of volunteers participate to cherish our values and entertain the attendees. Through Health Fair, over 100 physicians and other health professionals give free testing and advice.
- We will have whole host of Superstars, Dignitaries, Cricketers and Politicians as Our invited guests.
- Free Health Fair including Medical Checkup, General checkup, Women's Health, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar, Cholestrol, Dental , Stress Control and many other health related issues.
- As in past years, thousands of Indo-Americans, Mainstream Americans and other ethnic communities are expected to attend the festival over a two day period.
- Over 120 booths depicting art, crafts, literature, garments, jewelry, food, businesses and other resources.
- Over 50 floats representing different states of India, Indian American community and businesses.
- Festival theme is to promote diversity and democracy and build bridges between various communities.
I sincerely hope that your company can sponsor this historic event and help us make this world more friendly, enjoyable and progressive.Romesh K. Japra, MD